Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27th - National Take Your Pants For A Walk Day


With a day as unusual as "National Take Your Pants For A Walk Day" you may be wondering exactly how one goes about taking their pants for a walk. I'd like to think that if you wear a pair of jeans long enough without washing them that will become so stiff and take on a life of their own that they eventually just get up and walk out your front door on this day. There have been multiple occasions when I woke up in the morning only to notice that my pants had gone missing, and now that I see that a day like today exists I know exactly what happened. And to think, all those years my friends had me convinced that I drank too much whiskey, tore my pants off of myself and ran around telling everybody there was a pants off dance off. Quite the pranksters those guys.

"National Take Your Pants For A Walk Day" is actually just a clever way of telling people to get off of their lazy asses and go outside for a walk. There's a good chance that you will be wearing pants when you go for a walk, hence the whole take your pants for a walk thing. I personally think you should tie a leash around your pants and take them out for a walk for the ultimate celebration of the holiday, but then there's a pretty good chance you will get arrested if you do that.  So you might want to think twice about before following through with that plan. There are no known origins of the very first take your pants for a walk day.

The main thing to remember today is to go for a walk. Even if it's pouring rain or in the middle of a tornado you still need give your pants the well deserved break from supporting your ass and get them some fresh air. And maybe wash them and yourself every once in a while. Everybody will benefit from that one...

So let's be sure and celebrate today with a pants party and a little music from Roger Alan Wade should kick it off in the right direction.


Purchase
Party In My Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment